Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Evil in Aurora

The shooter in last Friday's massacre will undoubtedly claim to be insane. I , myself, have had some very horrible delusions and hallucinations, which, thank God I had doctors, my wife, and family to quickly get me to the hospital for treatment. In none of my mania's would I have been able to draw diagrams, or write anything, or done much of anything coherent. I once drove a mile down random back roads to get to a gas station a block from my house because I was convinced the government was after me. In addition to being legally insane a few times, I also share unique insight into the process of getting a PhD. . What happened to Mr. Holmes, failing an oral exam, happens, most of the time very rarely. His advisor probably warned him of his failure in advance, and tried to move him into the Master's program. While failing something like this can cause a grad student to become enraged like this, or the graduate student committing suicide. The stresses of graduate school nor any mental illness; I have lived through both, and this can't be an excuse for Mr. Holmes, a person of pure evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment