Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Depressed Aspie

So today I got affirmation that I do indeed suffer from Asperger's. That's just great; now I have two things to overcome. I always have wondered why I don't fit in; why I have no real interest in having friends, wondering why I never really fit in. The real question to answer is how can I integrate myself into any job in the future; I feel as though I will get the 'you are just not the right fit' speech over and over again, which feeds my bipolar disorder; I usually end up manic and irritated after it happens. I look back on my life and can clearly see when this could have been found, and corrected. My doctor seems to think I can learn empathy; and begin to see people's emotional cues. I can only tell the emotions of my wife and children; I have a great deal of empathy for them. In researching Asperger's I have discovered that a great many scientists , Einstein for example, had Aspergers. I just wonder if the world has changed so that I will never be accepted, and be allowed to put my skills in chemistry to good use. This feeds the hopelessness I am feeling from my mild,but progressing, depression. So today I am feeling emotions from anger to despair. I will do some therapy that may help me, although this is more effective at younger ages. I also feel a great burden of passing this on to my sons. I can see some of my behaviors trying to surface in one of my sons. I know I will get him help so he does not have to feel like he is worthless when he is grown. So any Bipolar Aspies out there have any advice for me?.

No comments:

Post a Comment